Sunday, January 19, 2014

P is for Penguins!

Hey guys and dolls, how's it going?

We're out for a holiday tomorrow!!

Can I get a whoo-hoo!!!

I thought I would take this time to share with you a little bit

of what we've been working on!!!


This week, we've been learning all about penguins!!

We started off with our schema chart, and I think they

really loved this one!! I got all of our penguin week activities

 from my friend Vickie, who gave me some awesome ideas for my penguin unit this year!!

I think all of her ideas are awesome!!



One of my favorite parts of units like this are the non-fiction readers!

They have awesome pictures, and my students seem to learn so much!!


National Geographic KIDS seem to be the best right now!!


I love that I can project from my iPad to my Promethean Board!


These readers are also available in a paperback version, 

and they can also be purchased from Amazon!!


Next, we read Tacky the Penguin, and believe it or not,

I'd never read that book before!



I ended up really liking it!!!

We did a comparing and contrast activity by using a Venn Diagram.


We also talked about whether penguins have eggs or lay eggs, 

which was a pretty funny discussion!!

We also made our Penguins, courtesy of Jennifer!!



We also watched March of the Penguins, which my kids loved!!

I was surprised, because last year, my kiddos weren't really into it.

And then for fun friday, we watched Happy Feet,

and I bribed them all week!!

You can get this awesome double feature from Amazon for less than $8!!



Talk to you guys later!!!






3 comments:

  1. I love your penguin activities! Can you possibly share how you project on your Promethean board using your Ipad??? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!!! I use an Apple VGA connector.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a ton of fun Angela! We'll be doing penguins this week. Thanks for the fun ideas! (I've never read Tacky either, I'm excited to try it!)

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1 & Kinder

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...