Monday, January 21, 2013

Whatcha Been Up To?

Hey guys, how's it going?

I have had a very eventful week, and I know that you have as well!!

All of last week was just blah, blah, blah!!!

It was rainy and freezing all week, and then Thursday, BAM!!

It snowed!! So, we ended up getting out early, and then we had a late

start on Friday morning, and there were a lot of kiddos absent, let me tell ya.


So, last week we were doing a few things, I apologize for the pics, I just *knew* 

that I took more. Where they went to, is anyone's guess!!


We were doing penguins for our unit, and I was so sad that we didn't get to finish them...

I promise we'll finish up tomorrow and I will show you all of what we've been doing then. 


Over the past few weeks, I have been updating some of my earlier units....

you know, the ones that I created when I didn't really know what I was doing, lol!!!

I updated my Black History Unit,


my Very Hungry Caterpillar unit,



and it feels like forever, but I've been working on literacy centers for Valentine's Day!!!



So, I've got a lot to do this week, including completing our penguin unit,

MLK, and we're also celebrating the 100th day!!!

I have a feeling that I'm going to be really tired this week!!!


Leave a comment below about what you'll be teaching this week, and I'm going to pick 

a few winners to receive my Cupid is in the Air pack!!

Good luck!!!!

Thanks guys, the contest is over!!

The winners are Cherie, Jennifer, Erin & Karyn!!! Congrats!!



10 comments:

  1. We'll be doing Arctic Animals this week!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are studying MLK and "The Mitten" this week. Next week, we're doing our unit on arctic animals.

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I knew you did some educational stuff, too, just like me! lol
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your kiddos were super busy even with the few days of different times due to snow! Gotta love those busy days when time seems to fly. :)

    This week I am weaving in some mitten math activities and pulling some additional snow/winter related things in. The district I work in is really tight with curriculum so I piece in the themes where and when I can. This means things get kind of mixed in here and there. Doesn't always make sense, but the kiddos are engaged and learning. That is what is important!

    Erin
    andeair@hotmail.com
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week we will continue working on sight words and comparing numbers to 30. Best of all, we are celebrating our 100th day of school on Thursday!
    Michelle
    Mcoop1125@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a short week, but are starting a Jan Brett author study!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. FInishing up MLK, talking about main idea AGAIN, patterns in math, poetry...you name it, we're doing it most likely!

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next week we will continue Martin Luther King, Jr. It's going to be hectic starting numbers 11-20, as well as finishing our unit on animals. I hope that DIBELs and our 2nd Quarter Math Assessment won't tucker the kids, and me, out. I also want to sneak some fun in there too, especially if our principal is away at meetings. vhair61215@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are studying Jan Brett and learning our +9 facts this week. Your units look amazing! :-)

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. This week we are finishing up our Polar Bears and Arctic Animals Unit. Your units look Amazing!
    mjaquillard@oregoncs.org

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...