Hey guys, how's it going?
As some of y'all may know, I'm trying to keep my classroom clutter-free!!!
So, I'm going to attempt to do this challenge, because I have this
one area that is just horrible, well, maybe 2 areas!!
Anywho.......I've got to do something about it, because it's driving me nuts!!!!!!
If you would like to see pics of my junky areas, see my previous post here.
Ok, so my homework this week was to create a plan for de-cluttering.
Sigh.......you know this is the tough part, because if I already had a plan,
then I wouldn't be in this predicament!!
Ok....here we go.....today we're tackling the bookcase........
1. Stop keeping extra copies of stuff!!!! In other words, after I have given out
papers, homework, newsletters, copies for fluency folders, etc., throw the rest away!!!
2. Decide what the purpose of the bookcase is!!! In my previous classroom, I used both bookcases for
student bookcases. I know that whenever we go back to our old school, which will probably be
1 and a half years, I'll go back to that.
In the meantime, I've got some of my book baskets on it, my data box, intervention stuff,
and a sort of catchall.
3. Throw things away!!! (I know that I mentioned this earlier, but trust me, I need to say it again!)
4. Schedule at least one day per week that is devoted to simply cleaning
and purging unnecessary things.
5. Start small!!! I'm known to tackle big projects, but I need to just get to one area at a time.
6. Don't become overwhelmed!!! It can be done!!!!